Contacts / Connections
Communities / Discussions
Library / Resources
General | Top
Q: What is my username/password?
A: Go to https://community.workfront.com/ and fill out your login credentials.
- If you are the authorized support contact, use your Help Desk credentials to login to the Community site.
- If you’re not the authorized support contact, click on “Create an Account”, fill out the form, and you’ll receive a welcome email from Workfront with your login credentials.
- Please make note of these credentials: Workfront Community login is a separate login from your Workfront instance.
- If you forget your password, go to this Reset Password Link and enter your email address associated with your community account. Click "Send Password Link".
Q: How do I change my company name/profile in the Workfront Community?
A: If you would like to change/edit your Company Name/Profile in the Workfront Community to display the right name of your company, you will need to either log into your Live Environment via your subdomain, (e.g. companydomain.my.workfront.com as a System administrator and change your Organization/Company name from there) OR it should be changed by a System Administrator from Hub via the following link:https://hub.workfront.com/login or from Workfront Proof.
- *These are not able to be edited/changed in your Workfront Community profile settings.
Q: How do I control what information is visible in My Profile?
A: Please navigate to your profile page, then select the "My Account" tab and choose "Privacy Settings" from the drop-down menu. This will let you control what information is visible to whom. After you’ve made changes, click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Contacts / Connections | Top
Q: How do I find other users?
A: Click the "Directory” link found in the main navigation bar. The Directory lets you search for other users based on:
- First and/or last name
- Company name
- Email address
Switch to the “Advanced Search” tab to refine your search results by:
- Group Membership
- Tools You've Used
- Workfront Use Case
- Personal Interests
Q: How do I add contacts to my contact list?
A: There are several ways to add contacts. When you perform a search in the Directory, you will see an “Add as Contact” button to the right of each person in your search results. Just click this button to send a contact request. If you click through and view an individual’s profile, you can click the "Add as Contact" button right under the individual's name.
Communities / Discussions | Top
Q: What are Discussions and Groups?
A: Discussions are forums that you can be a part of. Groups are also forums, but contain users with similar special interests and user group areas. Both Discussions and Groups have the ability to communicate with other users and share resources.
Q: What Groups do I already belong to?
A: Go to “Groups” in the main navigation bar. Select “My Groups” to view the groups you currently belong to.
Q: How do I join/subscribe to a Group?
A: Click on "Groups" in the main navigation and click on “All Groups” in order to see a list of available Groups. Click on the Group that you wish to join and simply click "Join," then choose a delivery option for posts (Real Time, Daily Digest, or No Email).
Q: How can I control the frequency and format of emails I receive?
A: Navigate to your profile and click on the "My Account" tab. Choose "Community Notifications" from the drop-down menu. On that page, there are subscription options: Real Time, Daily Digest, No Email.
For each Discussion, you have the following delivery options:
- Real time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day.
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
You can also choose Discussions and Groups to receive in Consolidated Daily Digests or Consolidated Weekly Digests. Simply check the boxes next to each of your Discussions or Groups and the e-mail digests will be consolidated for you.
Q: How do I respond to others’ posts?
A: To respond to a discussion post, please navigate to the discussion post and click “Reply to Discussion” to send your message to the entire group. To send a message to the only author of the post, please select “Reply to Sender” (located in the "Reply to Discussion" drop-down). We recommend replying to the sender for simple comments like “me, too” that add little value to the overall discussion; and replying to the entire group when you are sharing knowledge, experience, or resources that others could benefit from.
Q: How do I start a new discussion thread?
A: Go to “Participate" > “Post a message” > Select which Discussion/Group you'd like to post in. To post from an email (HTML version) for a particular discussion forum, you can use the “Post Message” link located at the top of the discussion email.
Q: I’m having trouble viewing the HTML email messages. How do I fix this?
A: If images are not appearing, it is likely that your email client is set to suppress images. This should be something you can change in your security or viewing options. If you would rather receive text-based email, go to your profile page and click on the "My Account" tab. Choose "Community Notifications" from the drop-down menu. Select the “Plain Text” format option for each of the discussions you are subscribed to.
Q: Can I search for posts across all the groups?
A: Yes, please enter a keyword in the search bar located in the main navigation. To refine your search results, please select "Show Advanced Search".
Q: How do I see a listing of all of the posts to a specific Discussion or Group?
A: Locate the Discussion or Group you are interested in viewing from the appropriate All Groups page. Click through the Discussion's or Group's landing page, then click on the “Discussions” tab. If you see a post you’re interested in, click the subject line which will take you to the entire thread. “Show Original Message” at the bottom of all of the posts in a thread will display the original message that started that discussion.
Libraries | Top
Q: How do I find resources that may have been uploaded by other members?
A: If you know which library the resource might be located in, find the affiliated Discussion/Group via the All Groups page. Click through the Discussion's or Group's landing page, then click on the “Library” tab . If you do not know where the resource might be, enter search terms in the main search box the same way you might enter search terms into Google or another search engine.
Q: Can I search for specific file types?
A: Yes. Enter your desired keyword in the main search box. From the search results page, click "Show Advanced Search." Then click on “Search for Specific File Types.” This gives you the option to specify file type: Document, Image, Spreadsheet, etc.
Q: How do the libraries get populated?
A: The libraries are populated in two ways:
1. When you include an attachment in a discussion post, the system automatically places it in the affiliated library.
2. You can also upload documents directly to a library by using the “Share a File” link found under “Participate” in the main navigation or "Create New Library Entry" button on any community's library page. Library resources are not required to be associated with a discussion thread.
Q: How do I upload a file?
A: Select the “Share a File” link found under “Participate” in the main navigation or "Create New Library Entry" on any Discussion's or Group's landing page. Please note that uploading a document is accomplished by completing a few steps, and each step must be completed before you can move on to the next:
- Choose a title for your document, and include a description (optional). Select the library to which you’d like to upload it, and select a folder to which you’d like to upload it (optional). Then, choose an Entry Type (most will be Standard Files, but be cognizant of any copyright licensed material). Once you have completed these steps, please click “Next.”
- Upload your file.
- Select “Next” if you want to further describe your files and/or add tags to your file. Otherwise, please click “Finish” to post your library entry
Q: What kind of files can I upload?
A: The system supports dozens of file types including hyperlinks, standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), webinars, images and YouTube videos.
Q: What are the “tags” for?
A: Tags are great way to organize and categorize content on your site. Tags can be applied to blogs, library entries, events, and glossary terms. Tagged items are prioritized in the search results.